The vision for the CT Virtual Learning Center includes:
- Dual Credit A/P and developmental courses.
- Flexible course schedules for Credit Recovery.
- Web-based blended curriculum 6-12 (core, electives or accelerated courses) delivered face to face but work can be done in class and remotely.
- Fully online courses 9-12 (core, elective or accelerated courses 9-12), particularly in specialized or low enrollment areas; middle school options will be on the horizon.
- Workforce training courses (in partnership with local workforce).
- Test Preparation.
- Alternative education courses (9-12).
- Adult Credit Diploma Program online courses (CT AVHS).
- Student services including electronic portfolios, online collaborative tutoring, and technology literacy assessment and remediation.
- Online links to virtual resources.
Teachers accessing CT Virtual Learning will be provided with online access to:
- Training for teachers to learn how to teach online
- An online course development template. A learning unit template for project-based curriculum for use in the classroom.
- A database of fully developed, Common Core State Standards aligned learning units.
- A calendar of professional development opportunities.
- Links to educational resources that provide access to professional development opportunities.