Oversight and Committees
Policy Advisory Council
CT Virtual Learning Center was established with a Policy Advisory Council made up of key state of Connecticut stakeholders. This Council agreed upon a set of performance measures for the program and all activities were overseen by a Steering Committee of selected state education practitioners.
The CT Virtual Learning Steering Committee was comprised of skilled education practitioners who collaborated to achieve the established performance measures. Requirements included:
- Curriculum: Review and selection of content options aligned with state frameworks, and Common Core State Standards that comply with iNACOL's online learning national standards.
- Online Learning Services: Define specific procedures and policies to assure quality instruction; include technology support, defining course start and end dates to accommodate accelerated, regular, and extended time frames; and course registration process.
- Communications and Public Relations: Review Portal concept and categories. Suggests portal content and links. Act as the liaisons between CT Virtual Learning and the school district staff to make program announcements and to vet ideas, concerns and questions.
- Professional Development: Identify appropriate online teacher preparation options and lay out a plan and a schedule to offer this training to CT certified teachers for the disciplines that are offered by CT Virtual Learning.
- Evaluation and Accountability: Coordinate a plan and a schedule for evaluation of the CT Virtual Learning program, its courses, student outcomes and administrative, student data and reporting systems. Suggest improvements and reevaluation process.